6th Annual Flash Fiction Contest Submission Info
- Gigantic Sequins considers flash fiction to be any work of fiction 1000 words or less. Submissions that exceed this word count will not be considered.
- You may submit up to three pieces per $5.00 entry. We prefer all three entries be in the same file.
- Please do not put your name anywhere within the attached file containing your work. Any attached file that contains the contestant's first and/or last name will not be considered.
- Previously published work is not eligible.
- Simultaneous submissions are permitted but must be withdrawn immediately from the contest if accepted elsewhere. We do prefer that you do not simultaneously submit your contest entries, though we allow it.
- Do not withdraw your entire submission unless all work included has been accepted elsewhere.
Publication in GS 9.1, $100, and swag from Free Verse Farm
as well as Hearth & Hammer
. About the Judging Process:
The Gigantic Sequins editors will select finalists from the contest entries' strongest work. Melissa Goodrich will choose the winner. Winners and finalists will be announced in September 2017.
Further Info: All entries and payments must be received through the Gigantic Sequins Submittable website. Friends, family, and students (current and former) of the judge are not eligible; please do not submit if you know the judge personally. All contest entries will be considered for publication in our 9.1 issue. If you wish to receive the winning issue, please see our other category "Flash Fiction Contest (WITH WINNING ISSUE)" and submit there. All work submitted to the contests will also be considered for publication in GS 9.1.